23 February 2016
Dear 8th grade and 7th Grade Band Parents
Our performances are nearly here!!! We are working very hard to help our students prepare for their LGPE performance. LGPE stands for Large Group Performance Evaluation. It is critical that we have “all hands on deck” for this event. Essentially, it is our version of the Georgia Milestones. We have lots of music to learn, and tons to practice. We have a long way to go, but we are making strides every day. We have several events coming up to mark on your calendars.
- Thursday, March 17th: 4:30-9pm – Symphonic Camp
- Thursday, March 24th: LGPE at Kell HS. We will return to Barber at about 8:00pm
Concert Band (7-2 and 8-2)
- Friday, February 26th – Symphonic Camp
- Wednesday, March 16th: 4:30-6:30 pm – Final After-School Rehearsal
- Monday, March 21st: LGPE at Kell HS. We will return to Barber at about 9:00pm
- Friday, February 26th and Saturday February 27th – Symphonic Camp
- Wednesday, March 2nd: 4:30-6:30 pm – Final After-School Rehearsal
- Wednesday, March 9th: LGPE at McEachern – will return to Barber about 9:00pm
- Wednesday, March 23rd: Music for All Performance – will return about 7:30pm
Please make sure that he or she brings $10.00 to Mr. Grogan for Dinner at Stevie B’s by Friday, February 26th. If you opt out of dinner, please make sure that your child brings a sack meal. We will be stopping at Stevie B’s Pizza for food either in-route or after the performance, depending on the ensemble. He or she will also need to make sure that they have their full concert attire for the day of the trip.
For all the trips, your child needs to take the bus to the school. Your student will need to be picked up after school in the evening once we return. Parents are more than welcome to attend the LGPE performance. Please check the Barber Band Calendar on my website to verify the exact time of the LGPE performance for your child’s band.
Many of you have students participating in more than one ensemble. If they are, they are expected to be at all of the events for both ensembles and have money for both trips to Stevie B’s if you opt not to do a sack-lunch. Thank you for all of your support and advocacy and please let me know if you have any questions.