**PLEASE BRING $10, BY FRIDAY, MAR 10TH**
1 March 2017
Dear 8th grade and 7th Grade Band Parents
Our performances are nearly here!!! We are working very hard to help our students prepare for their LGPE performance as well as their preview concert at Barber MS on the 9th of March. LGPE stands for Large Group Performance Evaluation. It is critical that we have “all hands on deck” for this event. Essentially, it is our version of the Georgia Milestones. We have lots of music to learn, and tons to practice. We have a long way to go, but we are making strides every day. We have several events coming up to mark on your calendars.
- Thursday, March 2nd: 4:30-6:30pm – After School Rehearsal
- Every Monday – 4:30-5:30 – Soprano and Alto voiced instruments sectional
- Every Tuesday – 4:30-5:30 – Tenor and Bass voiced instruments sectional
- Thrusday, March 9th – Pre-LGPE Concert – 6:00pm at Barber MS. The students need to be at the school by 5:30.
- Wednesday, March 22nd – LGPE at McEachern HS – Leaving from school and returning to Barber at 9:15pm
- Thrusday, March 9th – Pre-LGPE Concert – 7:30pm at Barber MS. The students need to be at the school by 7:00.
- Friday, March 24th: LGPE at McEachern – The students will leave from the school and return before the end of the school day.
Please make sure that your student brings $10.00 to Mr. Grogan for Dinner at Stevie B’s by Friday, March 10th. If you opt out of dinner, please make sure that your child brings a sack meal. We will be stopping at Stevie B’s Pizza for food either in-route or after the performance, depending on the ensemble. He or she will also need to make sure that they have their full concert attire for the day of the trip.
For all the trips, your child needs to take the bus to the school. Your student will need to be picked up after school in the evening once we return it they are in the 7th grade band. Parents are more than welcome to attend the LGPE performance. Please check the Barber Band Calendar on my website to verify the exact time of the LGPE performance for your child’s band. Thank you for all of your support and advocacy and please let me know if you have any questions.
Director of Bands
Barber Middle School